Occupational Therapists are employed by our Medicare Certified Home Health branches in Connecticut. Occupational Therapists (OT's) have specialized training to assist clients with developmental, physical, or mental conditions in completing tasks that are required throughout everyday life. Treatment focuses on working towards client-centered goals and allowing clients to regain freedom.
Occupational Therapists are state-licensed professionals and thoroughly screened prior to being hired by Utopia. Therapists complete the initial client evaluation for services, develop the plan of care, and providing skilled therapy services.
Typical Occupational Therapist Tasks Include
- Identify specific skills patients need to develop, recover, or improve in order to return to daily functioning
- Observe patients doing tasks, review medical history, and evaluate patient condition
- Develop a treatment plan, laying the specific skills needed and a goals to be accomplished
- Demonstrate and instruct exercises that can improve functioning and relieve pain
- Evaluate patients home and identify potential improvements based on needs
- Recommend special equipment such as mobility devices or eating aids, instruct on how to use them
- Work with nurses and physical therapists on care plan