Utopia Home Care recently presented "How to Choose a Home Care Agency" to a group at Excel at Woodbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. These presentations are extremely informative for anyone who will be setting up home care services, covering basic questions and information that every person or family member should cover before starting services.
Topics covered include:
- Ensuring the agency/person is properly licensed, certified, and accredited
- Making sure the aide provided is the right fit for the client and the situation
- Benefits that working with an agency offers versus hiring someone privately
- Questions to ask when setting up services
- Utilizing community resources available in the area
For more information or to have a presentation set up at your church, senior center, rehab center, or assisted living community, please call Utopia's Corporate Office at (631) 544-6005.
Utopia Home Care of New York offers home health aide, personal care aide, and companion care services across Long Island and New York City, including Riverhead, Patchogue, Kings Park, Babylon, Westbury, Rockville Centre and Elmhurst. Services are offered on a live in and hourly basis through private pay, long term care insurance, Medicaid, Worker’s Compensation, Managed Long Term Care, and Managed Medicaid programs. For more information or answers to commonly asked questions, please contact our Central Intake Department at (877) 847-5934.