Field Nurse Supervisor Registered Nurse (RN) - Babylon, NY
Join our Family! Utopia Home Care has openings for a Field Nurse Supervisor (Registered Nurse) at our Babylon location, servicing clients throughout the Suffolk County area. A leader and trusted name in home care, Utopia is a family-owned and operated agency that has been providing quality services for over 30 years to thousands of clients in need of home health aides, personal care aides, and live-in aides. We’re committed to providing career opportunities to caring people of all types. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, holidays, and more.
The Field Nurse Supervisor is a Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for visiting clients within their homes to open new cases, providing client evaluations, and supervision of field staff. This position requires travel around the service area of our Suffolk County branches.
*We are also looking for an RN who is experienced and interested in teaching HHA training courses*
Field Nurse Supervisor (Registered Nurse) Responsibilities include:
- Help in the coordination of services with the assigned aide, patient, family and others involved in the care plan.
- Perform regular evaluation of patient progress, prompt action when any change in the patient’s condition is noted or reported, and termination of care when goals of management are attained.
- Participation in orientation, teaching and supervision of other nursing and ancillary patient care staff.
- Maintain compliance with all agency policy and procedures.
- Supervise direct care of clients according to the established plan of care.
- Assist in Aide Competencies and In-Service education
- Actively participate in case conferences with office staff, contracts, families, etc. to discuss client care.
- Assures quality and safe delivery of nursing care to all clients.
- Performs and submits timely documentation on all appointed visits.
- Participates in educational and in-service programs for home health care staff.
Field Nurse Supervisor (Registered Nurse) Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the State with two (2) years experience and have at least one (1) year experience in home care (State Regulation, NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Must meet the requirements of the State Department of Health and have verifiable license.
- Ability to multi task and work independently
- Familiarity with electronic patient/medical records a plus, but not required.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the Suffolk County Long Island area (reimbursed)
- Experience with computers required
For more information, please contact an Administrator at (631) 544-6005
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.