Director of Assisted Living Nursing Services (BSN)- Hartford, CT
Join our team! Utopia Assisted Living Services has a Director of Assisted Living Nursing Services opening with primary responsibility and authority for maintaining the quality of all clinical services. The responsibility includes the coordination and guidance of the clinical staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to clients and community.
Director of Assisted Living Nursing Services Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and manages all nursing and Assisted Living aide services rendered to client and families by both direct staff and outside community agencies to smooth continuity of service to the client and family.
- Participates in or develops all agency objectives, standards of care, policies, and procedures affecting clinical services and the provision of assistance with activities of daily living.
- Participation in recruitment, selection, orientation, and In-service education of both nursing and other direct staff.
- Participation in program planning, budgeting, and evaluation activities related to both nursing and other direct service staff.
- Serves as a liaison between staff and other administrative or consultative personnel.
- Supervises nursing practice and personnel including nursing Personnel, providing teaching to ensure quality service and maintenance of standards or performance to clients and families.
- Evaluates the clinical competence of assigned nursing personnel, providing teaching and/or guidance as necessary to improve the service, and participates in the evaluation or other direct service staff.
- Provides individual counseling and nursing supervision of staff. Consults with nurses individually and/or guidance as necessary to improve the service, and participates in the evaluation or other direct service staff.
- Ensures the availability of Nursing Services on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Participates in developing record and case register system; maintaining methods of recording and reporting to provide for uniform accounting and measurement of program outcome; interpret the use of records and importance of maintaining acceptable records to staff.
- Provides weekly reports to the Service Coordinator regarding any problems associated with the provision of core services, or any problems or concerns associated with managed residential community or the assisted living services agency, summaries of which shall be provided to the governing authority in accordance with the schedule established by the governing authority.
- Provides monthly reports to the Service Coordinator regarding statistical data including the number of clients served and services provided, summaries which shall be provided to the governing authority in accordance with the schedule established by the governing authority.
- Orients staff to the agency policies and procedures.
- Encourages Professional growth advanced education among nursing staff.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon by the employee and the employer.
Director of Assisted Living Nursing Services Requirements:
- A bachelors degree in nursing and a minimum of two (2) years full-time or full-time equivalent clinical experience in nursing, at least one (1) of which was in home health care agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; or
- A diploma in nursing or an Associate degree and a minimum of four (4) years of full-time equivalent clinical experience in nursing within the past tent(10) years, at least one (1) year of which was in a home healthcare agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home.
- Previous experience as a Supervisor of Assisted Living Services
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact our office at: (800) 227-3449
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.