Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs)
Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA's) are utilized in some states in the same manner as home health or personal care aides, as well as by our Assisted Living Services program for providing facility-based care. CNA's will assist your loved one with "Activities of Daily Living" (ADLs) and have additional training for clients requiring a higher level of care. These aides undergo additional hours of in-service training throughout the year and are regularly tested on their specialty care training.
TYPICAL CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT TASKS INCLUDE:
- Meal preparation for special or complex diets (low sodium, low fat, etc.)
- Assisting with Range of Motion exercises
- Simple dressing changes
- Knowledge of and training on the use of assistive devices, such as a Hoyer Lift
- Assisting with personal hygiene, such as toileting, bathing, dressing, and feeding
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Assistance with walking, standing, sitting
As with all of our aides, CNA's are state licensed/certified, bonded, insured, and pass regular in-service exams. All staff undergo rigorous criminal background checks, as well as drug screenings prior to be placed within a client's home. All services and care plans are monitored routinely by our dedicated staff of RN Supervisors to ensure client safety and well-being.